Setting Up A Countertop Ice Machine
As we’ve mentioned it is always recommended to read the user’s manual for your machine to know how to set it up, but there are some default steps might be able to follow despite the model or brand, so that you can know how to use a portable ice maker:
- Unwrap the machine
- Always put the ice maker on a flat surface and close to a power outlet
- To allow the airflow make sure there is a couple of inches of free space around the machine
- Clean the inside of the machine
- Let the machine’s coolant settle leaving it overnight on a flat surface
- Power it on
- Fill it up with water
- Start making ice!
How To Use A Countertop Ice Maker?
A Portable Ice Machine is usually a pretty easy-to-use device, regardless of the model or brand. There are a few principles to ensure proper and safe usage (it is always good to take a look at the user’s manual of your device). Below we have a step by step mini-guide that will help you with properly using a portable ice maker:
- Set up your darn machine xD
- Make sure the coolant is settled by letting your device stay still in a flat place overnight (the recommended time is 5 hours, but I personally let it sit for a whole day) before the first usage.
- Plug it into the power outlet and make sure the device is ON. As basic as that might sound people tend to oversee the most obvious things in life.
- Fill up the water tank, ideally with distilled water for better ice cubes.
- If your device has an option for different ice sizes, select the desired one.
- Drink a beer and let it do its magic, the ice cubes will fall into the ice tray.
- In the event your machine doesn’t have a sensor to automatically turn it off when the ice tray is full, you can manually switch it off.
- You can use the ice right away or put it into your cooler or freezer, otherwise, it’ll melt.
- Never shake or tilt your ice maker, make sure you give it its proper maintenance.
And that’s it, it’s not a big deal since free-standing ice machines are user-friendly and you can learn how to use them just by reading the buttons on the digital panel.
How To Use A Portable Ice Maker?
As we've mentioned it is always recommended to read the user’s manual for your machine to know how to set it up, but there are some default steps might be able to follow despite the model or brand
Countertop Ice Maker (CIM)
3 thoughts on “How To Use A Portable Ice Maker?”